Friday, April 19, 2013

How to Make Your Scrapbook Album Fancy on the Outside



I've been working so hard lately on finding the perfect scrapbook layouts on pinterest. I wanted to make our family's Disney vacation look beautiful in our album. But I just bought a plain black album. I needed the outside of the album to be just as beautiful as the inside! I could have bought a Disney album at a variety of stores, but I really didn't want to spend $30 or more. I did a Disney theme, but this same style can be used on any album. The next one I'm going to try will be words or initials.


You just need a few simple supplies. Get any size album with a fabric cover.
I used a 12x12 album.



Take a sheet of contact paper & draw your design. 

Then cut it out & place it on your album.


You need some fabric paint & a paint brush. 
I used Tulip Diamond Glitter paint and this hard stencil brush.



Using a stencil painting technique, I painted all along the edge of the contact paper. 
Painting this way with the tapping motion & using the thick fabric paint keeps it from bleeding underneath the contact paper.

The paint recommends letting it dry flat for 4 hours. 
I was excited to see how it looked so I only let it dry about 30 min. before 
I peeled off the contact paper.
I think it turned out great!! 

I even added a Disney "D" to the spine. It's so pretty and makes it easier to pick out on my shelf.  I'm ready to do another one!




No comments:

Post a Comment